Stolen Identity On Facebook

I was listening to talk radio today. Yes, I listen to it a lot! You can learn a lot from talk radio. Anyway - So this woman author decides to get on to facebook after not really wanting to for a long time. She decides that she is going to join because her colleges are pressuring her and assuring her that she can get more readers this way. After what I think was a couple months had gone by she received a direct message from her friend. He was telling her that the kind of page that she had created was inappropriate and not something that was smiled upon. Also he reminded her that the pages were not private and that everyone could see what she was displaying. He then left her a link to this page. She clicked on it and what she found horrified her. Someone had set up an account with her picture as the avatar and her full name. However instead of selling her books they were acting as if she were selling herself for sex. She called it "trolling for sex". I guess in some of the personal pictures of her they had taken her head and photo shopped it onto a half naked womans body. She said she felt like her whole world had been flipped upside down. She said her friends were treating her different and her books were not selling much anymore. She was devastated. She said she felt like she understood how these children felt when they were cyber bullied. She was constantly worried if people were reading it and what they were thinking. She complained but it took facebook a very long time to get it off. She did in the end find out who was behind it and it happened to be KIDS.

Of course I cut that story very short but can you imagine!? So make sure you google your name every once in a while to see what all is out there!

I also listened to a story about this woman who was raised by a civil war widow. Maybe you can read a little about it here.If the Creek Don't RiseBut I really do want to read it now. I think it might have some wisdom I can afford. :)
I will leave you with a lovely little video I wanted to share with you tonight. Very inspirational and very creative. Made By Tammy!







First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE FIRSTREP!
Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

Comments

  1. Awww, Thanks Frankie for posting my video! You are too sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the reminder to check out what google has about us! enjoyed the video by Tammy - very creative and inspiring~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this video by Tammy! she has a GREAT shop on ETSY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! And what a perfect reminder message for all of the handmade artists out there.
    Thank you Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought provoking. Great video. I had a cup of tea and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The same Facebook thing has just happened to my daughter. Aged 20. We found out today. The fake profile has 285 friends and we've no idea how long the profile has been there. Facebook have done nothing. I can only hope that there'll be a police investigation. This is dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really stinks! I am really sorry. I hope you can get that fixed very soon! :( I keep checking my name all he time to make sure. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Look

Straight out of the book of virtues... PLEASE

Free Victorian Santa Cross Stitch Pattern